Thursday, November 10, 2011

Brief on an article related to your personal research;

http://roberta-goli.suite101.com/body-works-in-art-and-science-a119852

following the link above will take you to an article about a man name Gunther Von Hagan who is an anatomist that makes artwork from human corpses and an artist named Andrew Krasnow who uses donated human skin to create anything from lampshades to boots.

As much as I'm fascinated by the human body and anatomy... this really freaked me out. I respect Von Hagan for having the guts to make such artwork for what he says is scientific and education purposes. The fact that he can take such harsh criticism and hate from numerous people makes me really admire him.

I came across this looking for works of art relating to my personal interest, but this took it a little to far for my personal presence of art. I like this article more for the fact that it introduced me to this artist that isn't afraid to be daring and anger the general public to make artwork that he likes and for education... even though most people can't look past the "using dead bodies" to learn anything from the works.

Krasnow who made American flags from human skin to make a point... well works. It's very shocking and impacting on a person. Though it's not something I would ever choose to do with my artwork I do have it within myself to appreciate his artwork rather than criticize it for being "nasty."

No comments:

Post a Comment